Tuesday, April 15, 2008

When Your Chopping for Charity There's No Drama

Well, I finally did it today. I have been meaning to get my hair cut for several months now and today was finally the day. You've got to be asking, "What the heck took you so long?" Let me see if I can explain it simply. About a month ago I had a baby. Enough said?

Ok, so you need a little more explanation than that? The last time I had my hair cut was about 18 months ago. Yes, I am a woman? But I am very lazy. I hate messing with my hair. So most of the time it is long and I do not do anything but wash and dry it. Sometimes I put it in a ponytail. And the only time I get it cut is when it gets long enough to donate it to Locks of Love. (www.locksoflove.org)

Hair dressers are amazed that I am not more emotional when my hair is being lopped off. Well... This is the third time I have donated my hair. I am used to it by now. Plus, the hair is going to a really good cause. That makes the separation really easy. It is the least I can do to help children with permanent hair loss. And so today I begin the process again. I will let my hair grow out and donate it again. No drama.

1 comment:

Judy said...

No drama because you have a big heart. What a super gift!