Friday, April 25, 2008

More Than a Baby Mama

My ambition, creativity and curiosity didn't fly out of my womb with my kids. I am still the same person I was before I was a mama. Don't get me wrong, my life is better now that I have a family, but my kids and my husband don't define me. They are a part of me, a big part of me, but there is more here. And I don't think I should feel guilty because I like the parts of me that are not about being a mother and a wife. If I had to choose among the versions of me, I would choose my family, hands down. Luckily, I don't have to choose. None of us do. We can have it all. I am a more than a baby mama!

1 comment:

Judy said...

You definitely are more than a mom and those other characteristics you bring to the job of mothering will benefit your family, too. You have your priorities straight - that's the important thing.